Kevin

Default Pull numbers from a cell

If I have a call with 3 sets of numbers in it. EG (11 2 8) or (1 12 16)
How can I refer to just the first number or just the second or just the third?
I can't count the characters because some may be single digit and some may
be double digit.
Or if I can split it out into the three numbers that would work.
N Harkawat

easiest would be to split these numbers into 3 separate cells using
data--text to columns--
delimited
Next
check on the space
and hit Finish,

"Kevin" wrote in message
If I have a call with 3 sets of numbers in it. EG (11 2 8) or (1 12 16)
How can I refer to just the first number or just the second or just the
third?
I can't count the characters because some may be single digit and some may
be double digit.
Or if I can split it out into the three numbers that would work.

Kevin

Let me narrow that down a little more. If I hace 2 cells that equal each
other...
(11 2 8)
(11 2 8)
I want to combine them in a new cell by adding together only the second
number. so it would say...
(11 4 8)
????