Brett

Default How do I use = command on only first few letters or so?

How do I setup a formula where the equal command checks only the first letter
or so.

For example, I have a list of companies that I want to screen for
duplicates, so I would have Excel place a 1 next to duplicate entries for
sorting and then deleting. But the formula always misses things like this:
Games, Inc.
Games
How can I set it up to only look at the first few letters or so?

Damon Longworth

Try something similar to:

=left(a1,4)="game"

--
Damon Longworth

Don't miss out on the 2005 Excel User Conference
Sept 16th and 17th
Stockyards Hotel - Ft. Worth, Texas
www.ExcelUserConference.com