jen

Default counting specific words

I am attempting to count the number of cells in a range that contain specific
words. I can accomplish this with the =countif function, but only if my
criteria is the only text in the cell. Problem is I need to count cells that
contain unique sentences, yet contain a single common word.

Bill Kuunders

One way...........

Select -highlight- the cells
go to data<text to columns<
select delimited........space.........
select a new column to put the result

This will seperate all words into seperate cells
You can then use the countif function on the new area

--
Greetings from New Zealand
Bill K