Alex

Default Difficult look up formula

I have the following example of cell values in the MSO column on Sheet1

MSO
088234592
088234592
088234592
088234592
NPQW1
NQCT8
NQCT8

I have the following example of cell values in the TRK column on Sheet2

TRK
JVB65/NVZH9/Z1D00465
JVB65/NVZJ0/Z1D00464
JVB65/NVZK5/Z1K04341
JVB65/NWBZ5/Z1B02051
JVBBP-MPQB8 2653008
JVBBP-NNGX7 2397611
JVBBP-NPTZ9 2516847
JVBBP-NPVB0 2516847

I need to add an additional column in Sheet 1 and for each MSO in sheet1, I
need to see if there is a matching MSO anywhere in the TRK column on Sheet 2.
If there is, I need to enter the ORDER# of the matching TRK. I'm stumped
because of the of the different formatting the the TRK column. Any help is
appreciated. Thanks so much.
Biff

Hi!

Out of the samples you posted, what matches?

I don't see anything that is even close to a match!

Biff

"Alex" wrote in message
[...]

Alex

You're right - I was just copying and pasting and didn't match them. I've
added some that match:

I have the following example of cell values in the MSO column on Sheet1

MSO
088234592
088234592
088234592
088234592
NPQW1
NQCT9
NQCT8

I have the following example of cell values in the TRK column on Sheet2

TRK
JVB65/NVZH9/Z1D00465
JVB65/NPQW1/Z1D00464
JVB65/NVZK5/Z1K04341
JVB65/88234592/Z1B02051
JVBBP-MPQB8 2653008
JVBBP-NNGX7 2397611
JVBBP-NQCT8 2516847
JVBBP-NPVB0 2516847

I need to add an additional column in Sheet 1 and for each MSO in sheet1,
I need to see if there is a matching MSO anywhere in the TRK column on
Sheet 2.
If there is, I need to enter the ORDER# of the matching TRK. I'm stumped
because of the of the different formatting the the TRK column. Thanks again!