JeffC

Default Cell Combining Question

I have a worksheet with first, middle and last names of people. The data are
all in separate cells. I would like to combine the name (F M L) in one cell
per name.

I have used CONCENTATE and it works. However, this is a reference formula
which errors when I delete any of the reference cells.

So...I need to find a way to combine a person's first, middle and last name
in a single cell and actually have that data in there (i.e., to not be a
reference).

If anyone has any idea on how to do this (short of having to re-input the
data), I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!
CLR

After your CONCATENATE formula is in place, select the cell(s) and do Copy
PasteSpecial Values back on themselves and the formulas go away and the
values stay in place...........

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"JeffC" wrote in message
I have a worksheet with first, middle and last names of people. The data

are
all in separate cells. I would like to combine the name (F M L) in one

cell
per name.

I have used CONCENTATE and it works. However, this is a reference formula
which errors when I delete any of the reference cells.

So...I need to find a way to combine a person's first, middle and last

name
in a single cell and actually have that data in there (i.e., to not be a
reference).

If anyone has any idea on how to do this (short of having to re-input the
data), I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!

Gord Dibben

Jeff

After combining, copy then editpaste special(in place)valuesOKEsc.

Delete original source cells.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP