Vicki

Default How can I make a cell mandatory and only accept a Y or N?

I would like to make a cell mandatory, but in the event that I can't do that
I would still like to be able to only have a choice of Y or N.
Ron Rosenfeld

On Thu, 23 Jun 2005 07:32:04 -0700, "Vicki"
wrote:

I would like to make a cell mandatory, but in the event that I can't do that
I would still like to be able to only have a choice of Y or N.

You could use an event macro to do both.

You may want to specify a particular worksheet if your workbook has multiple
sheets, though.

To enter this code, right click on the sheet tab and select View Code. Then
paste the code below into the window that opens.

Change the "c" reference to the appropriate cell.

Note that, as written, Y or N must be entered in upper case. Obviously this
can be changed if such is not your intent.

======================
Dim c As Range

Set c = Range("A1")

Application.EnableEvents = False

If c.Text < "Y" And c.Text < "N" Then
Application.Goto reference:=c, scroll:=True
MsgBox ("Must Enter ""Y"" or ""N"" in A1")
End If

Application.EnableEvents = True
End Sub
--ron