Chris White feeling dumb!

Default Moving formulas

Hi this is stupid I've done it before, but now can't get it right.
I want to create a formula that adds 2% to a whole range of fields.
if I use for example =sum(c2)+(c2*0.02) and try to put that in cell c2 it
says circle no allowed. if I put this formula in say d3 no prob and I can
move the formula down in the D column and the c2 goes c3,c4,c5 etc. but I
don't want to use a new column.. help please
Chris

auto reply won't work as it's a hotmail and I don't use that really
Bob Phillips

Type 102% in an empty cell, then copy that cell

Select all the cells to increase, then menu EditPasteSpecial and choose the
Multiply option from the Operation section.
OK out.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Chris White feeling dumb!" <Chris White feeling
wrote in message
Hi this is stupid I've done it before, but now can't get it right.
I want to create a formula that adds 2% to a whole range of fields.
if I use for example =sum(c2)+(c2*0.02) and try to put that in cell c2 it
says circle no allowed. if I put this formula in say d3 no prob and I can
move the formula down in the D column and the c2 goes c3,c4,c5 etc. but I
don't want to use a new column.. help please
Chris

auto reply won't work as it's a hotmail and I don't use that really

Chris White feeling not quite as dumb!

Well not quite but with your help it works if you type 1.02 then multiply
with that, if you put 102% it does some wierd and wackey results, but the
greatest help was the paste special multiply.
thanks

wrote in message
Hi this is stupid I've done it before, but now can't get it right.
I want to create a formula that adds 2% to a whole range of fields.
if I use for example =sum(c2)+(c2*0.02) and try to put that in cell c2 it
says circle no allowed. if I put this formula in say d3 no prob and I can
move the formula down in the D column and the c2 goes c3,c4,c5 etc. but I
don't want to use a new column.. help please
Chris

auto reply won't work as it's a hotmail and I don't use that really

Bob Phillips

"Chris White feeling not quite as dumb!" <Chris White feeling not quite as
wrote in message
Well not quite but with your help it works if you type 1.02 then multiply
with that, if you put 102% it does some wierd and wackey results,

Don't know what wierd and wackey results you get, but it worked fine for me,
with 102%.