Julie P.

Default Is there such a function?

Hi, I am looking for a formula that will round any amount over a multiple of
$100 to the next $100. So, for example,

Input -- Output

$0 -- $0
$1 -- $100
$50 -- $100
$100 -- $100
$169 -- $200
$200 -- $200
$201 -- $300

etc.

Is there such a formula, and would it involve ROUND, since this is not
really rounding?

Also, can anyone tell me what the syntax of the ROUND formula is?

=ROUND(?,?)

I want to know so I will be able to compute this for myself in the future.

And is there a list of all known Excel formulae?

Thanks!

Julie

Anne Troy

Go to Tools--Addins and turn on the Analysis Toolpak (if it's not already).
Then use the MROUND function, thusly:
=MROUND(A1,100)

Hope it helps!
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com
www.MyExpertsOnline.com

"Julie P." wrote in message
[...]

Julie P.

"Anne Troy" wrote in message
news:357e3$42b745a9$466eb880$24595@allthenewsgroup s.com...
Go to Tools--Addins and turn on the Analysis Toolpak (if it's not
already).
Then use the MROUND function, thusly:
=MROUND(A1,100)

Hope it helps!

Thanks Anne! But when I do this, I get an error:

"#NAME?"

Did I do something wrong?

Anne Troy

You MUST use the Analysis toolpak. Did you turn it "on"?
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com
www.MyExpertsOnline.com

"Julie P." wrote in message
"Anne Troy" wrote in message
news:357e3$42b745a9$466eb880$24595@allthenewsgroup s.com...
Go to Tools--Addins and turn on the Analysis Toolpak (if it's not
already).
Then use the MROUND function, thusly:
=MROUND(A1,100)

Hope it helps!

Thanks Anne! But when I do this, I get an error:

"#NAME?"

Did I do something wrong?

Julie P.

"Anne Troy" wrote in message
news:51f8$42b747dc$466eb880$24864@allthenewsgroups .com...
You MUST use the Analysis toolpak. Did you turn it "on"?

Yes, I did, as well as the VBA one. Then I redid the formula, and got the
error.

Julie P.

"garfield-n-odie" wrote in message
=CEILING(A1,100)

Thanks so much Garfield! It worked!

Bob Phillips

=ROUNDUP(A20,-2)

or

=CEILING(A1,100)

--

HTH

RP

"Julie P." wrote in message
[...]

Excel option to store trendline's coefficients in cells for use Miguel Saldana Charts and Charting in Excel 9 June 20th 05 08:45 PM
Date & Time mully New Users to Excel 4 May 23rd 05 11:56 AM
Automatically up date time in a cell Mark Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 5 May 12th 05 12:26 AM
clock Wildman Excel Worksheet Functions 2 April 26th 05 10:31 AM
Need a ISWorkday Function -- Any Ideas Mark Excel Worksheet Functions 5 March 29th 05 01:58 AM