RFJ

Default Checking that any cells are null

I've got thirty five cells in a row (sequential columns) with the answer
shown in the next colun.

I want the answer to show only when all previous cells are filled with a
value.

The narrative of the formula in col F would be along the lines of :

if ((A1 or B1 or C1 or D1 or E1.....etc = "") then "", otherwise calculate
the answer

Can SKS tell me what the excel formuale might be.

Tx

Robin

dkieselb

Try
=IF(OR(A7="",B7="",C7="",D7=""),"","HI")
or
=IF(OR(ISBLANK(A7),ISBLANK(B7)),"","Hi")

"RFJ" wrote:

I've got thirty five cells in a row (sequential columns) with the answer
shown in the next colun.

I want the answer to show only when all previous cells are filled with a
value.

The narrative of the formula in col F would be along the lines of :

if ((A1 or B1 or C1 or D1 or E1.....etc = "") then "", otherwise calculate
the answer

Can SKS tell me what the excel formuale might be.

Tx

Robin

bj

I would recommend
=if(countblanks(A1:BJ1)0,"",your equation)
I like count blanks because CountA and Isblank both classify "" as filled.

"RFJ" wrote:

I've got thirty five cells in a row (sequential columns) with the answer
shown in the next colun.

I want the answer to show only when all previous cells are filled with a
value.

The narrative of the formula in col F would be along the lines of :

if ((A1 or B1 or C1 or D1 or E1.....etc = "") then "", otherwise calculate
the answer

Can SKS tell me what the excel formuale might be.

Tx

Robin

Harlan Grove

bj wrote...
I would recommend
=if(countblanks(A1:BJ1)0,"",your equation)
I like count blanks because CountA and Isblank both classify "" as filled.

But that begs the question whether the OP wants to treat cells
evaluating to "" the same as truly blank cells. On the grounds that
cells evaluating to "" *APPEAR* blank, what about cells evaluating to
sequences of CHAR(32) and/or CHAR(160) and nothing else? They'd also
*APPEAR* blank.