Mad-z

Default How do I count two variables in different columns in excel?

I am trying to count the number of data items in a given column given data
items in another column. Both data is in text format?
Bob Phillips

do you mean

=COUNTIF(A:A,B2)

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Mad-z" wrote in message
I am trying to count the number of data items in a given column given data
items in another column. Both data is in text format?

Mad-z

Bob

Thanks for the timeous response - I am now using the pivot tables. Thakns
once again for your willingness to help.

Bye

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

do you mean

=COUNTIF(A:A,B2)