daetar

Default Search/lookup/cell reference

Hi,

I have a rather complex request for help on looking up values in
excel.

Imagine I have two tables

First table: two columns being share price code and a date of some
announcement

Second table: ordered actual dates with series of share price data of
different companies in sucessive columns, each headed by a share price
code.

I want excel to take the different dates in the first table, and lookup
the two weeks of share price data around the given date for the correct
company, so that I can average them. This will be repeated on all other
companies and announcement dates.

So far, my problem is finding a way to reference the cell address of
the announcement date after using a lookup function, so that i can plug
it into the OFFSET workfunction. I've been trying for a while and am
still not sure how to do this.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Daetar.

--
daetar
daetar's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=24438

JPW

Feel free to send a file to my e-mail address (delete REMOVE from the
address) filled with "fake" data but in the exact layout you need. Your
description is too confusing for me!

"daetar" wrote in
message ...