suzy

Default Windows cant open excel spreadsheet.xls?

I am computer useless...please help me open a file .xls
Windows cant open program...
Dave Peterson

First, does your computer have Excel on it?

If yes, then start Excel and file|Open and point at that .xls file.

If you're not sure, click on the windows start button
click Run
type:
excel
and hit enter

If excel opens, then use File|Open to open your file.

If you get an error back, then it means you don't have excel installed on your
pc.

Maybe the free viewer from Microsoft would be sufficient:

http://office.microsoft.com/en-gb/of...347961033.aspx

If that version isn't supported on your pc, Ken Wright posted this link to an
older version:

http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/fil...5257&fileidx=1

Or maybe a free spreadsheet program would work for you:
http://www.openoffice.org, a 60-65 meg download or a CD

--

Dave Peterson