UFWPresident

Default Auto Numbering Each Cell In A Column

I have a large series of images to enter into an excel worksheet. One page is
over 400 another is 1100. Is there a way to enter in the base name of the
images and write a formula, or macro that will automatically add a four digit
numbering system on the end. Starting with 0001 and ending with the last
image?
--
Thank you,
UFWPresident
JE McGimpsey

One way:

Put something like this in the first cell,

MyPic_0001

then drag the fill handle (lower right corner of the cell) down as far
as needed.

In article ,
UFWPresident wrote:

I have a large series of images to enter into an excel worksheet. One page is
over 400 another is 1100. Is there a way to enter in the base name of the
images and write a formula, or macro that will automatically add a four digit
numbering system on the end. Starting with 0001 and ending with the last
image?

bj

enter
=basename&text(num+row(),"0000")
in A1 where basename is the what you want to call the beginning of the title
and num is the correction that needs to be added to the row number to give
the number you want

"UFWPresident" wrote:

I have a large series of images to enter into an excel worksheet. One page is
over 400 another is 1100. Is there a way to enter in the base name of the
images and write a formula, or macro that will automatically add a four digit
numbering system on the end. Starting with 0001 and ending with the last
image?
--
Thank you,
UFWPresident

bj

try
=basename&text(num+row(),"0000")
where basename is the initial part of the image identifier and num is the
correction factor to the row number to make it say what you want.
copy this and paste special value over the topof it.

"UFWPresident" wrote:

I have a large series of images to enter into an excel worksheet. One page is
over 400 another is 1100. Is there a way to enter in the base name of the
images and write a formula, or macro that will automatically add a four digit
numbering system on the end. Starting with 0001 and ending with the last
image?
--
Thank you,
UFWPresident

UFWPresident

And if I wanted to start it on say row 3, but have the auto numbering start
at 0001, how would that be input. So far this is a great idea! Thanks.
--
Thank you,
UFWPresident