CarFreek

Default SUMIF function not working

This is my second post and the first post yielded another equation that
didnt work. Im trying to add up vacation days starting in jan and
ending in dec. It needs to only sum the total days taken up until the
current days date. The problem Im having is I cannot get the SUMIF
function to allow me to insert less than or equals to. Here is what I
have so far.

=SUMIF(I4:BJ4,I4:BJ4<=$F$2,I5:BJ5)

I4:BJ4 is the titles of the date columns
$F$2 is the current date
I5:BJ5 are the columns I want to add when the current date is less than
or equal to the column titles. Meaning SUM only up until the current
date in that particular row.

Thanks for you help.

--
CarFreek
CarFreek's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=24334

Bernie Deitrick

=SUMIF($I$4:$BJ$4,"<=" & $F$2,I5:BJ5)

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"CarFreek" wrote in
message ...

[...]

Bob Phillips

=SUMIF(I4:BJ4,"<="&$F$2,I5:BJ5)

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"CarFreek" wrote in
message ...

[...]

anilsolipuram

use this formulae

=SUMPRODUCT(--(I4:BJ4<=$F$2),I5:BJ5)

--
anilsolipuram
anilsolipuram's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=16271

CarFreek

I tried using that formula but it didnt work either. Its kind of hard to
explain what I am trying to do. Any help is appreciated.

--
CarFreek
CarFreek's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=24334
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=379433

anilsolipuram

Paste sample data here, for clear understanding of your question.

--
anilsolipuram
anilsolipuram's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=16271
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=379433

CarFreek

I must not be conveying the proper info. That equation you posted back
is the format I need but its not giving the right number of days left.
Thank you very much for the help. I guess I will just have to play with
it till I get it right. Thanks again.

Eddie

--
CarFreek
CarFreek's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=24334
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=379433

CarFreek

I also tried another function to do the same job as the SUMIF I have
been asking questions on. I tried an HLOOKUP with a SUM at the
beginning. I couldnt get that to work either. Any ideas?

=SUM(I5: (=HLOOKUP($F$2, I4:BJ230,H5,TRUE)

This is the other way I tried to do it but it wouldnt work either.

Eddie

--
CarFreek
CarFreek's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=24334
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=379433

duane

maybe your "dates" are not dates, but rather text. If so, tr using
datevalue function

=SUMPRODUCT(--(datevalue(I4:BJ4)<=datevalue($F$2)),I5:BJ5)

--
duane

duane's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=11624
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=379433

Bob Phillips

or post a workbook somewhere on the net, not here, where we can virus check
it.

--

HTH

RP

"CarFreek" wrote in
message ...

I tried using that formula but it didnt work either. Its kind of hard to
explain what I am trying to do. Any help is appreciated.

--
CarFreek
CarFreek's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=379433

CarFreek

Ive been working on this for two days and still havent gotten anywhere.
This is the last piece that needs to be done on the spreadsheet.
Nothing seems to work the way I need it too. The only time I got close
was when I was shown how to input less than or equals to in but that is
still off by 5. Any ideas are appreciated. Thanks to all who helped.

Eddie

--
CarFreek
CarFreek's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=24334
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=379433

Matt

Thanks so much for this post - it solved my problem! We were trying to
referrence a cell as the criteria in a SUMIF function and kept getting an
answer of 0. We had to add the $ before the referrence to make it work.
Appreciate the tip.