KRISTY

Default how do I cut and paste into a protected worksheet?

I am trying to cut and paste a docket number into a cell that I have allowed
anyone to edit, but the majority of the sheet is protected. I can type in the
docket number and delete it, but for some silly reason it will not let me
paste a cut cell from a different excel docement. Please help.
terabar

By default all cells in a worksheet are locked so when u activate the
protection (ToolsProtectionProtect sheet..) with the "Protect
worksheet and contents of locked cells" flagged all cells remain
locked/protected.

1st u may have to unlock that particular cell that u r trying to paste
into by removing the flag from FormatCellsProtection Locked checkbox,
then reactivate the Protect sheet functionality.

Only have "Select unlocked cells" & "Format columns" flagged. The
latter to allow u to adjust the column width just in case the copied
text is greater than the column width.

Hope this solves ur problem.

Cheers.

--
terabar
terabar's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=24272

sanskar_d

hi Kristy,

Try this if the sheet is password protected.

Insert a blank sheet.
cut paste your data in this sheet.

then try coping from here to the target sheet.

Post the file on excelforum.com or mail the file to me on

Regards,

sam

--
sanskar_d