happyearth

Default calculation error

My friends and I are modelling a simulation using VBA in Excel, with the
majority of the calculations carried out in the workbook (a total of 92
worksheets..) In one of the cells in sheet A, we use the formula :
=min(cell in sheet B, cell in sheet C).
The 2 cells contain a formula each, but the final answers are 0 and 0.77
respectively. Thus, if everything goes well, we should obtain 0 from the
formula above.
However, this cell churns out abnormal results. It gave us a negative value
once, and after we activated the re-calculation for the whole wookbook, it
showed 0.31, even though the 2 referenced cells maintained their values all
along.

Is this a limitation of Excel (because we have too many rather heavy
calculations)? If not, what could be the problem?
George Nicholson

The 2 cells contain a formula each, but the final answers are 0 and 0.77
respectively.

Are you sure that formatting isn't simply displaying a result of 0.31 as 0?

--
George Nicholson

Remove 'Junk' from return address.