sudeepd12

Default Counting unique text/number cells from a range

Please consider a long range of text cells containing A, B, C, D....Z
and more.

Lets say it goes from H1 to H1500

A -H1
olasa

Yes. It's called a Pivottable.
With the Pivottable you can select a Row item to be Column H and then
select Column H to also be the Data item, and Count the No of Data
item. So in short you will get a list that says:

ColH...Count of ColH
1.......2
5......7
A......10
B.......3
C.......20

To learn how to use Pivottables whatch this video:
http://www.datapigtechnologies.com/ExcelMain.htm

Hope this helped
Ola Sandström

--
olasa
olasa's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=17760

Alan

I think Advanced Filter will do what you need.
Try this,
http://contextures.com/xladvfilter01.html
Debra Dalgleish is the expert on this,
Regards,