Andycleos

Default Lookup or similar

I have some trees and i want to get some prices for them in different years.
How can i do it?

For example: Orange trees (OT) and bananas (BA) that are 1,2,3,4,5 years
old. The prices for every type of tree is different. OT-1year - $100,
OT-2Years - $200 and BA-1year - $300, BA-2years - $400.etc.
How can i make a commant that will recognize the type of tree, its age and
give me the price that i want.
Please i really need it.
Bob Phillips

Create a table in say M1:R100 to look like

Tree Year1 Year2 Year3 Year4 Year5
Orange 100 200 300 400 500
Banana 300 400 450 500 700

or whatvere values, and then just use

=VLOOKUP("Orange",M1:R100, year+1,False)

year+1 is 2 for one year old tress etc.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Andycleos" wrote in message
I have some trees and i want to get some prices for them in different

years.
How can i do it?

For example: Orange trees (OT) and bananas (BA) that are 1,2,3,4,5 years
old. The prices for every type of tree is different. OT-1year - $100,
OT-2Years - $200 and BA-1year - $300, BA-2years - $400.etc.
How can i make a commant that will recognize the type of tree, its age and
give me the price that i want.
Please i really need it.

andycleos

Thanks for the reply but i have one more question,
I need a cell that will combine the two functions. That means that i need a
cell that will give me lets say number 200 everytime that i have in another
cell "Orange2". My problem is that i have too much data for one formula of
lookup.

"Andycleos" wrote in message
I have some trees and i want to get some prices for them in different

years.
How can i do it?

For example: Orange trees (OT) and bananas (BA) that are 1,2,3,4,5 years
old. The prices for every type of tree is different. OT-1year - $100,
OT-2Years - $200 and BA-1year - $300, BA-2years - $400.etc.
How can i make a commant that will recognize the type of tree, its age and
give me the price that i want.
Please i really need it.

andycleos

So what do i have to write in cell (XXXXX) under VALUE in order for it to
match whatever is writen under the cell TREE? Everytime cell TREE will
change. In this example the value will be 400. I forgot to mention that
Orange4 will come out of another formula.

Year1 Year2 Year3 Year4 Year5
Orange 100 200 300 400 500
Banana 300 400 500 600 700
Apple 500 600 700 800 900
TREE VALUE
Orange4 XXXXXXX

andycleos

Sorry !!!!!!

I have a formula that gives me the tree's age. thus i get the Orange1,2,3,4
under the cell called TREE .
What i want, is a formula that will take the combined information from this
cell (TREE) and also the table (that i show you in the prviews letter) and
give me the value of the specific tree at a specific age.
hope that you understant me this time
Thank you very much for the help
Bob Phillips

That's okay, we all know what WE mean <vbg

I think this maybe what you want

=VLOOKUP(LEFT(Tree,LEN(Tree)-1),M1:R100, RIGHT(Tree,1)+1,FALSE)

--
HTH

Bob Phillips