mwc0914

Default lookup question

I have a range of cells where the first 4 columnd contain numeric data &
the 5th column contains names in random order.

I have a name value in another cell outside this range. I want to use
this cell to find a name in my range of data and return the value in
the first column for that name.

I know a VLOOKUP will work where you match on the first column and
return data from some other column, but waht do you do to lookup in the
5th column and return in the first column?

Thanks
Mike

--
mwc0914