danielle

Default forms and functions

I'm creating a spreadsheet and want to add check boxes. Once i create the
check boxes from the forms menu, how do i place a formula or macro for these
boxes?

thanks for your help in advance
Peo Sjoblom

Right click then checkbox and select format control, then put in a cell link
(might be best to link to a cell off the visible area like Z1 then use that
cell in the formula, the linked cell will display TRUE if checked using
default settings, like

=IF(Z1,"Do this","Do that")

or

=IF(Z1,"Do this","")

also if you want to count how many have been checked use

=COUNTIF(Z1:Z20,TRUE)

where you would put different checkboxes linked to different cells in Z1:Z20

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"danielle" wrote:

I'm creating a spreadsheet and want to add check boxes. Once i create the
check boxes from the forms menu, how do i place a formula or macro for these
boxes?

thanks for your help in advance

danielle

Thank you!!!

Now does this also work for the drop down box? And is there also a way to
have the check box/drop down box automatically be replaced by a value?

"danielle" wrote:

I'm creating a spreadsheet and want to add check boxes. Once i create the
check boxes from the forms menu, how do i place a formula or macro for these
boxes?

thanks for your help in advance

danielle

Another question: This is what I really need to do:

A1=5 B2 will have 3 check boxes equally "yes", "no" and "n/a". C3 is
empty (for now).

Is it possible to have this happen:

If "yes" is checked, then C3 equals 5
If "no" is checked, then C3 equals 0
If "n/a" is checked, then C3 equals "-".

Can this be done?