lui78

Default Show trial solution

I am running the solver from a loop into a macro; so the solver is called
iteratively from the VB script and the solution is not always reached causing
the windows:

"show trial solution: maximum iteration limit was reached; continue anyway?"

or

"show trial solution: maximum time was reached; continue anyway?"

(and the execution is stopped until I don't press STOP or CONTINUE...)
in my case I always have to reply : "STOP"

The question is : is there a command to answer this dialogue box from the VB
script?

If no, is it possible to hide this window in some way without stopping the
execution of the whole program?

If you know the answer please tell me ....Thank You very much !

L.
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lui78
I am running the solver from a loop into a macro; so the solver is called
iteratively from the VB script and the solution is not always reached causing
the windows:

"show trial solution: maximum iteration limit was reached; continue anyway?"

or

"show trial solution: maximum time was reached; continue anyway?"

(and the execution is stopped until I don't press STOP or CONTINUE...)
in my case I always have to reply : "STOP"

The question is : is there a command to answer this dialogue box from the VB
script?

If no, is it possible to hide this window in some way without stopping the
execution of the whole program?

If you know the answer please tell me ....Thank You very much !

L.

I ran into a similar problem recently. Unfortunately, I could not find a way to do this programmatically or via an excel setting. I basically needed to run the program overnight without needing intervention. My solution although very crude, worked like a charm.

If you look at the window that pops up, one of the options is Stop. The shortcut key for this is Alt-t. The trick is to keep Alt-t pressed while the program is running. I got this done by using some sticky tape and sticking the alt key down the keyboard. Keeping the 't' key pressed is a bit more tricky. You will have to use a weight to hold the key down

Hope this works for you

Cheers