AlyG

Default Adding up Sums

Hello.

I am trying to add up cells that already have sum values in them. The
formula looks like this:

=B23 + B28

Unfortunately, when I add these two cells together, the value I am getting
is 0.
B23 and B28 are cells that have formulas that look like this:

B23
=SUM(B2:B22)
and
B28
=SUM(B25:B27)

I don't understand why adding these two cells together are resulting in a
value of zero
B23

HELP!!! I just upgraded to Office 2003, and this worked on my previous version

AlyG

Oops! I fixed it...somehow I made a mistake, and accidently figured it out.

Whew! I was starting to worry about Microsoft!!!!

Thanks anyways for your concern! :-)

"AlyG" wrote:

Hello.

I am trying to add up cells that already have sum values in them. The
formula looks like this:

=B23 + B28

Unfortunately, when I add these two cells together, the value I am getting
is 0.
B23 and B28 are cells that have formulas that look like this:

B23
=SUM(B2:B22)
and
B28
=SUM(B25:B27)

I don't understand why adding these two cells together are resulting in a
value of zero
B23

HELP!!! I just upgraded to Office 2003, and this worked on my previous version

mangesh_yadav

1. Check the format of the result cell.
2. What are the values in the SUM cells, and what is your expected
result.

Mangesh

--
mangesh_yadav