JerryS

Default Sumproduct with Date column

I have multiple columns where one contains a date formated as 6/6/2005 for
example. I have other columns with the rep id and product numbers. I want to
show how many of a product did a rep sell on a particular date. The problem
I'm having is getting the formula to work with the date. The data looks
something like this. Any sugegstions?

A B C
JS 253 6/6/2005
BO 134 6/3/2005
BO 253 6/6/2005

--
JerryS
Max

Assuming the sample data is in A1:C3,
you could use in say, D1:

=SUMPRODUCT((A1:A3="BO")*(C1:C3=DATE(2005,6,3)),B1 :B3)

which returns the number 134
(for the rep "BO" on 3 Jun 2005)

Note that you can't use entire col refs in SUMPRODUCT
and that the ranges: A1:A3, C1;C3 etc should be identical in structure
--
Rgds
Max