Dar

Default Copy 1 Sheet to Another

I posted something like this before, but maybe I wasn't clear in my
explanation.

Let's say I have 2 workbooks (A and B) and workbook A is in directory X and
workbook B is in directory Y. Sheet 1 of Workbook A has data in cells A1:F1
and an unlimited number of records. Sheet 1 of Workbook B has the same data
that's on sheet 1 of Workbook A in it's cells A1:F1 (basically duplicate
info) but sheet 1 of Workbook B also has other data in cells G1:K1.

When a new record is added or if any of the cells gets updated in sheet 1 of
Workbook A, I would like to copy all of sheet 1 of Workbook A (cells A1:F1)
over into sheet 1 of Workbook B in its cell A1:F1 since both sheets have the
exact same data in their A1:F1 range. But since sheet 1 of Workbook B has
different data in its G1:K1 cells, I want to leave that alone in the copy
operation.

Can someone please help me on this. I'm new to these features of Excel and
so I am somewhat lost.

Thank you,

CLR

It sounds like you could just open both Workbooks, and instead of trying to
copy over the entire Sheet from one Book to another, (which of course would
overwrite the G1:K1 range) , only copy over columns A:F.........this would
not disturb the G:K range at all..........

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Dar" wrote in message
[...]

CLR

First, save both Workbooks and use a copy for this exercize...........
Then, open both Workbooks at the same time..........
Then click on the Window selection in the upper tool bar, and select the
name of the Workbook you wish to copy FROM, this will activate it........
Then highlight columns A thru F by left-clicking on the A heading and
holding it down and dragging it over to the F heading
Then, right-click in that area and choose COPY from the dropdown
Click on Window selection in the upper tool bar again, and choose the other
Workbook, the one you wish to copy TO.
Right-click on A column, and select Paste from the dropdown.......

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3