-   -   Is there a way to pick the cells to add using sum? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/29259-there-way-pick-cells-add-using-sum.html)

WTG

Is there a way to pick the cells to add using sum?

I have two columns, one is descriptions and one is totals.
I want to add certian totals depending on the description.

ie....

A B
2 DLV 50

TOTAL DLV 300
TOTAL OF OTHERS 600

The DLV will always be the same, but the other descriptions will
change.

thanks for any help.

Wally

Don Guillett

Have a look in HELP index for SUMIF

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"WTG" wrote in message
I have two columns, one is descriptions and one is totals.
I want to add certian totals depending on the description.

ie....

A B
2 DLV 50

TOTAL DLV 300
TOTAL OF OTHERS 600

The DLV will always be the same, but the other descriptions will
change.

thanks for any help.

Wally

WTG