lehigh46

Default MARK EVERY FOURTH ROW

HI ALL,

In column A, I have consecutive numbers 1 thru 7,000

In column B, I would like to write a formula and copy it down to show
a number 1 on every fourth line .

How can I accomplish this?

Thanks for your help.

Tom Snyder

x-- Access to over 1.6 Terabytes per Day - $8.95/Month
x-- UNLIMITED DOWNLOAD

N Harkawat

Assumng the range is between A1:A7000
on cell B1 type the following and copy it all the way down
=if(mod(row(),4)=0,"",1)

This will copy the number 1 on ever 4th row in column B

"lehigh46" wrote in message

HI ALL,

In column A, I have consecutive numbers 1 thru 7,000

In column B, I would like to write a formula and copy it down to show
a number 1 on every fourth line .

How can I accomplish this?

Thanks for your help.

Tom Snyder

x-- Access to over 1.6 Terabytes per Day - $8.95/Month
x-- UNLIMITED DOWNLOAD

Domenic

Try the following...

For every fourth line, starting with the first cell...

B1, copied down:

=IF(MOD(ROW()-ROW($B$1)+0,4)=0,1,"")

For every fourth line, starting with the first occurrence of 'fourth'...

B1, copied down:

=IF(MOD(ROW()-ROW($B$1)+1,4)=0,1,"")

Hope this helps!

In article ,
lehigh46 wrote:

HI ALL,

In column A, I have consecutive numbers 1 thru 7,000

In column B, I would like to write a formula and copy it down to show
a number 1 on every fourth line .

How can I accomplish this?

Thanks for your help.

Tom Snyder

x-- Access to over 1.6 Terabytes per Day - $8.95/Month
x-- UNLIMITED DOWNLOAD

Don Guillett

try this
Sub every4throw()
For i = 1 To Cells(Rows.Count, "a").End(xlUp).Row Step 4
Cells(i, "b").Offset(0, 1) = 1
Next i

Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"lehigh46" wrote in message

HI ALL,

In column A, I have consecutive numbers 1 thru 7,000

In column B, I would like to write a formula and copy it down to show
a number 1 on every fourth line .

How can I accomplish this?

Thanks for your help.

Tom Snyder