jacko

Default a search function

i tried on couple search/lookup functions (or combination of few) but i still
could not produce the result i want... hope someone expert out there can help
:)

My sample data: A1:A3 value are fixed
A1=James
A2=Cole
A3=Don

B1:B3 value are variable (input area) where either is blank or with specific
keyword like Yes or No.

I would like to have a function to search through B1 to B3 for the keyword
and output the corresponding A1:A3 value into a cell.

Eg: if B1 and B3 contain Yes, then output A1 and A3 (James, Don) into a
cell. B2 is ignored since it is blank.

I tried like =match =vlookup =offset, I could only display the first result.
Like example above, only James is displayed.

I try not to use VBA (if possible) as I am not a good VBA programmer...

Thanks in advance!!
bj

if you only have a few rows try
=if(B1<"",A1&", ")&if(B2<"",A2&", ")&if(B3<"",A3&", ")&if(B4<"",A4)
This will probably leave you with a "," at the end of your line. the
formula can be made more difficult to remove it, or a second cell can be used
with something like
=if(right(C1,2)=", ", left(C1,len(C1)-2),C1

Date & Time mully New Users to Excel 4 May 23rd 05 11:56 AM
Automatically up date time in a cell Mark Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 5 May 12th 05 12:26 AM
clock Wildman Excel Worksheet Functions 2 April 26th 05 10:31 AM
Improve the search function for help DrBob Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 0 April 22nd 05 05:34 PM
FAQ Spreadsheet with search function murphyz Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 0 March 19th 05 09:24 PM