awwtau

Default Dynamic Formula

If in Column A there is data and Column B carries out a calculation on Column
A and displays the result, how do I get Column B to automatically update when
I enter data into Column A?

Thanks in advance

Alan
Ron Rosenfeld

On Sun, 29 May 2005 05:04:02 -0700, awwtau
wrote:

If in Column A there is data and Column B carries out a calculation on Column
A and displays the result, how do I get Column B to automatically update when
I enter data into Column A?

Thanks in advance

Alan

Tools/Options/Calculation
Calculation: Automatic

--ron
awwtau

Can you have the whole of Column B set with a formula that automatically
updates given the value of Column A? I know you can click the bottom right of
a cell and that carries the formula onto the next row but I don't want to
have to do this with every row, so it would be good if the entire column was
set with the formula?

wrote:

If in Column A there is data and Column B carries out a calculation on Column
A and displays the result, how do I get Column B to automatically update when
I enter data into Column A?

Thanks in advance

Alan

Tools/Options/Calculation
Calculation: Automatic

--ron

Ragdyer

If data already exists in Column A, then a *double* click on the "fill
handle" of the formula cell in Column B will copy the formula down Column B,
as far as there is data in Column A.

If there is no data in Column A, then you must click *and drag* the "fill
handle" of the formula cell down Column B as far as needed.

--
HTH,

RD