Glendie

Default I am having trouble adding a row in Excel. What am i doing wrong?

I was trying to insert a row into my spreadsheet and I got the message "To
prevent loss of data, Microsoft Excel cannot shift nonblank cells off the
worksheet. Try to delete or clear the cells to the right or below your data.
Then select A1, and save your workbook to reset the last cell used." I have
data in the all the cells, so I don't know what they're referring to because
nothing is blank. What do I do?
Gord Dibben

Glendie

Excel is telling you that you have run out of rows....there are 65536 rows to
a sheet.

If you have reached this limit with your data, you are done.

In most cases, users do not use all the rows, but perhaps have something
entered waaaaaaaaaay down at the bottom row. Even a <space in a cell will do
it.

Select all the rows below your last data row then EditDeleteEntire row.

Save the workbook and try again.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP