Maxwell_5000

Default File Pahtway in Cell

What is the formula to tell you the pathway of the excell file you are
currently in?

(i.e. C:\my document\ms office\excel\mikes folder)

I thought the formula was "=Cell()" but it does not work...

please help

--
Maxwell_5000
Maxwell_5000's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=23810

PC

=cell("filename")

"Maxwell_5000"
wrote in message
news:Maxwell_5000.1ppfeh_1117220717.2012@excelforu m-nospam.com...

What is the formula to tell you the pathway of the excell file you are
currently in?

(i.e. C:\my document\ms office\excel\mikes folder)

I thought the formula was "=Cell()" but it does not work...

please help

--
Maxwell_5000
Maxwell_5000's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=374638

kraljb

You can create a function for that...

In the VBE put the following
Function FilePath() as String
FilePath = activeworkbook.path
End Function

And then use that for your formula (however, the code would have to be
added to any workbook you were going to use it on)

--
kraljb
kraljb's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=9955

Chip Pearson

=cell("filename")

When you use this function, you should always include a cell
reference in the function call:

=CELL("filename",A1)

It doesn't matter what the cell reference is, as long as it is on
the same sheet as the function. The reason is that without the
cell reference, Excel will use the ActiveSheet and ActiveWorkbook
to return the filename, and these may not be the same as the
sheet and workbook containing the formula.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"PC" wrote in message
=cell("filename")

"Maxwell_5000"

wrote in message
news:Maxwell_5000.1ppfeh_1117220717.2012@excelforu m-nospam.com...

What is the formula to tell you the pathway of the excell file
you are
currently in?

(i.e. C:\my document\ms office\excel\mikes folder)

I thought the formula was "=Cell()" but it does not work...

please help

--
Maxwell_5000
Maxwell_5000's Profile: