Kim CB

Default Custom Cell Formatting and Calucations

I am not sure if this can be done but here is what I am looking for help with

I have 2 columns in a spreadsheet that I use to record the date and time
that a machine breaks and the date and time that is repaired.

Right now the cell formating is mm/dd/yy hh:mm AM/PM -
I added a column that calculates how may minuts/hours/days the machine was
down.
I was wondering if I could change the cell formating that shows not only
mm/dd/yy hh:mm AM/PM but also shows the Day of the Week (Mon, Tues, Wed).

What I am trying to do is be able to deduct weekend hours from my two
columns - So if my machine goes down on Thursday and is back working on
Tuesday, I can calculate only how many business hours it was down

Any ideas??
Kim

Bob Phillips

Are your business hours 24 hours a day? If not, if it goes down at say 3PM
one day and is back 11AM the next, how many hours are lost. In other words,
what is the start and end times?

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Kim CB" wrote in message
I am not sure if this can be done but here is what I am looking for help

with

I have 2 columns in a spreadsheet that I use to record the date and time
that a machine breaks and the date and time that is repaired.

Right now the cell formating is mm/dd/yy hh:mm AM/PM -
I added a column that calculates how may minuts/hours/days the machine was
down.
I was wondering if I could change the cell formating that shows not only
mm/dd/yy hh:mm AM/PM but also shows the Day of the Week (Mon, Tues, Wed).

What I am trying to do is be able to deduct weekend hours from my two
columns - So if my machine goes down on Thursday and is back working on
Tuesday, I can calculate only how many business hours it was down

Any ideas??
Kim

Kim CB

No I am looking at an 8 hour business Day. So what happens is I get a dump
of raw data that give me a date and time that a machine goes down as well as
the date and time the machine is back up.

Ex. Printer ABC Down 1/21/05 8:27AM Printer ABC Up 2/03/05/ 3:25pm

Based on these 2 columns I need something that says - the machine was down for
X number of bus days ( based on an 8hr bus day and subtracting any weekend
that fell in there)
--
Kim