Timmy

Default Space between decimal numbers

Hi:
Whenever I am typing any number in excel such as 14.00. Its putting double
spaces between 14.00 (e.g., 14. 00).

How can I correct this.

David McRitchie

Hi Timmy,
Guess that means "Did that. Didn't help me."
because as a question it doesn't mean much to me.
(if English is not your language, what language are you coming from?)
In fact do you use a comma for thousands separator and a period for decimal fraction.

Try hitting F2 then Enter, after the formatting.
Formatting does not actually change until reentered between text and number.

Will assume that you haven't change justification to left, right, or center
and that is left justified as text, the better test is to check with ISTEXT.

If you still have the original what do you see for Format, cells, custom
and what do you have for =ISTEXT(A1) if A1 is the cell.
---
HTH,

"Timmy" wrote in message ...
Did this not help me.

"Timmy" wrote:

Hi:
Whenever I am typing any number in excel such as 14.00. Its putting double
spaces between 14.00 (e.g., 14. 00).

How can I correct this.

Timmy

It doe not matter what language I am speaking. Bottom line is that when I am
typing the numbers, place a period, and hit next number, it automatically
puts two spaces.

I have checked the options, formatting, etc It's not helping me. Its pain
that whenever I have a number after typing I delete those two spaces and
after that it's fine.

"David McRitchie" wrote:

Hi Timmy,
Guess that means "Did that. Didn't help me."
because as a question it doesn't mean much to me.
(if English is not your language, what language are you coming from?)
In fact do you use a comma for thousands separator and a period for decimal fraction.

Try hitting F2 then Enter, after the formatting.
Formatting does not actually change until reentered between text and number.

Will assume that you haven't change justification to left, right, or center
and that is left justified as text, the better test is to check with ISTEXT.

If you still have the original what do you see for Format, cells, custom
and what do you have for =ISTEXT(A1) if A1 is the cell.
---
HTH,

"Timmy" wrote in message ...
Did this not help me.

"Timmy" wrote:

Hi:
Whenever I am typing any number in excel such as 14.00. Its putting double
spaces between 14.00 (e.g., 14. 00).

How can I correct this.

Fred Smith

Check into ToolsAutocorrect. See if there's an entry which changes a period
to a period followed by two spaces. This could cause your problem.

While you're correct that it doesn't matter what language you speak, it does
matter whether you communicate effectively. Sometimes when we know your
native tongue, it helps us understand your post better. What David is
telling you is that you're not communicating clearly enough to allow
effective analysis of your problem. This group provides the quickest,
cheapest and most effective advice of any service on the net. To get this
free advice, all you have to do is be pleasant and state your problem
clearly. You may not think that's fair, but that's the way this board works.

Fred
Please reply to newsgroup, not e-mail

"David McRitchie" wrote:

[...]

"Timmy" wrote in message
Did this not help me.

"Timmy" wrote:

Hi:
Whenever I am typing any number in excel such as 14.00. Its putting
double
spaces between 14.00 (e.g., 14. 00).

How can I correct this.

Harald Staff

"Timmy" skrev i melding
It doe not matter what language I am speaking. Bottom line is that when I

am
typing the numbers, place a period, and hit next number, it automatically
puts two spaces.

We can't help you as long as you refuse to cooperate.

Best wishes Harald