foxgguy2005

Default adding part of a function on condition.

My spreadsheet image is below...

http://www.digitaluprising.net/site/...l_untitled.JPG

What i'm trying to do is, at present, all my lengths are in feet... but
sometimes i need inches... so what i want to do is...make the board foot
function add an additional "/12" to my current funtion "=H20*F20*D20/12"
when i fill in a lenght as 120" vs 120. Even if i could use a checkbox
to add the additional "/12" to my function that would be helpful!
Thanks!

--
foxgguy2005
foxgguy2005's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=23663

foxgguy2005

anyone have any thoughts at all that *might* get the desired results?

--
foxgguy2005
foxgguy2005's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=23663
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=374028

foxgguy2005

perhaps even something like if checkbox= clicked cell:b17 = "formula1"
and if checkbox= unclicked cell:b17 = "formula2"

??

--
foxgguy2005
foxgguy2005's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=23663
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=374028

mangesh_yadav

Lets say you have a checkbox from the forms menu and link it to cell A1.
Now when you check the box, cell A1 will have true, and when you
uncheck, it will have false.

Now to all your formulae which use the length which is entered in
inches or feet, you can add this part.

then
=H20*F20*D20/(if(A1,12,1))

If you check the box, A1 will be true, and your formula will be divided
by 12, and if the box is unchecked, then A1 is false, and your formula
will be divided by 1.

Mangesh

--
mangesh_yadav
mangesh_yadav's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=10470

foxgguy2005

absolutly perfect!
Thanks!

Date & Time mully New Users to Excel 4 May 23rd 05 11:56 AM
Automatically up date time in a cell Mark Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 5 May 12th 05 12:26 AM
clock Wildman Excel Worksheet Functions 2 April 26th 05 10:31 AM
How about adding a quarterly function to Excel like its EOMonth? SDolley Excel Worksheet Functions 1 March 30th 05 06:58 PM
Adding text before a function Eric Excel Worksheet Functions 1 November 3rd 04 06:57 PM