Marge

Default allow macros in protected worksheet

I have a worksheet with contains macros. I want to protect the worksheet,
but allow the macros to run. When I protect the worksheet, the macros are no
longer enabled. How do I correct this?
Paul B

Marge, use user inter face to protect the sheet, then your macros will be
able to run, something like this

Private Sub Workbook_Open()

Worksheets("sheet1").Protect password:="test", userInterfaceOnly:=True

End Sub

This is not retained with the workbook when saved so it must be reset when
the workbook is re-opened, thats is why it is put in the workbook open event
of the this workbook code
--
Paul B
Using Excel 2002 & 2003