Olympiad

Default limit of 7 nested functions?

I have the following formula working well, however as there is a limit of 7
nested functions and need some more, what is my options?

=IF(B5="P-NE","Pre App Not Endorsed",IF(B5="P-PI","Pre App Pending
Info",IF(B5="P-WD","Pre App
Withdrawn",IF(B5="WFIN","Withdrawn",IF(B5="PREP"," App Being
Prepared",IF(B5="PFI","App Pending Further Info",IF(B5="PDD","App Pending D&D
report",IF(B5="PID","App",))))))))
Niek Otten

Use the Vlookup function instead.
Look in Help for details, post back in this thread if you have problems.

--

Kind Regards,

Niek Otten

Microsoft MVP - Excel

"Olympiad" wrote in message
I have the following formula working well, however as there is a limit of 7
nested functions and need some more, what is my options?

=IF(B5="P-NE","Pre App Not Endorsed",IF(B5="P-PI","Pre App Pending
Info",IF(B5="P-WD","Pre App
Withdrawn",IF(B5="WFIN","Withdrawn",IF(B5="PREP"," App Being
Prepared",IF(B5="PFI","App Pending Further Info",IF(B5="PDD","App Pending
D&D
report",IF(B5="PID","App",))))))))

olympiad

With the limit of 7 nested function on the formula below, I am still
struggling with a solution how to add several more for the purpose of my
workbook. The aim of this is that I have for example in cell B5 a variety of
abreviations (codes) that I would like to appear in another cell with as a
full description.

"Olympiad" wrote:

I have the following formula working well, however as there is a limit of 7
nested functions and need some more, what is my options?

=IF(B5="P-NE","Pre App Not Endorsed",IF(B5="P-PI","Pre App Pending
Info",IF(B5="P-WD","Pre App
Withdrawn",IF(B5="WFIN","Withdrawn",IF(B5="PREP"," App Being
Prepared",IF(B5="PFI","App Pending Further Info",IF(B5="PDD","App Pending D&D
report",IF(B5="PID","App",))))))))

mangesh_yadav

Hi olympiad,

As Niek Otten replied, use vlookup. Lets say you save your list of
codes and their description in a table in range A1:B10. e.g.
Col A | Col B
P-NE | Pre App Not Endorsed
P-PI | Pre App Pending Info
P-WD | Pre App Withdrawn