Steved

Default Column A

Hello from Steved

Question please.

I work in Column A:A off a worksheet and have up to 5 files opened

In col A I type for example 1234 in a cell say A5

I need to type in the same value several times in the 5 different Files.
Is it possible please for a macro to copy the value from cell A5 and paste it
in Column A:A on any opened worksheet as at the moment I am typing the same
value in time after time. ie it could be cell anywhere between A1 to A500

Thankyou in advance.

CLR

Maybe type all the values into column A in one file and then copy that
entire column A over to the other files...........maybe try recording a
macro to do that.......

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Steved" wrote in message
Hello from Steved

Question please.

I work in Column A:A off a worksheet and have up to 5 files opened

In col A I type for example 1234 in a cell say A5

I need to type in the same value several times in the 5 different Files.
Is it possible please for a macro to copy the value from cell A5 and paste

it
in Column A:A on any opened worksheet as at the moment I am typing the

same
value in time after time. ie it could be cell anywhere between A1 to A500

Thankyou in advance.

Steved

Hello Kassie

I suppose simply put is that I have a function that will remember the last
value typed ie 1234. I would then paste it in the other sheets myself, the
reason behind this is that I copy it (1234) and that is fine it will allow me
to paste in the sheets I need to but the autosave kills the copy function
when it goes to save, ps yes turn off the autosave which i did in the past
only to have the computer go down and lost all the work that I've been
working on.

So basically a copy function is what I was hoping for which would allow me
to paste
in Column A where it is needed.

Thanks