Old May 23rd 05, 07:50 PM
Steph in PA

Default Can you substract dates?

Hi, I have a column in my spreadsheet with various dates. The dates could be
just a day apart, or weeks apart. I would like to calculate the number of
days between any two adjacent dates in that column. (This is because I need
to use that number of days to calculate the average weight I lose per day,
and I do not always weigh myself each day.)

So is there a way to do this?

Thanks!

Old May 23rd 05, 07:53 PM
Andy B

Hi

Yes you can subtract dates. They are just numbers in Excel. Format the
result as Number.

Andy.

Old May 23rd 05, 08:00 PM
Steph in PA

"Andy B" wrote in message
Hi

Yes you can subtract dates. They are just numbers in Excel. Format the
result as Number.

Andy.

Thanks Andy, but I tried subtracting 5/12/05 from 5/23/05, and it came out
with 1/12/00!!! Not "12 days", which is the correct answer!

Old May 23rd 05, 08:01 PM
Steph in PA

"Steph in PA" wrote in message
news
"Andy B" wrote in message
Hi

Yes you can subtract dates. They are just numbers in Excel. Format the
result as Number.

Andy.

Thanks Andy, but I tried subtracting 5/12/05 from 5/23/05, and it came out
with 1/12/00!!! Not "12 days", which is the correct answer!

That should be 5/11/05 from 5/23/05, but it still comes out with the wrong
answer!

Old May 23rd 05, 08:03 PM
Vasant Nanavati

As Andy said:

Format the
result as Number.

--

Vasant

"Steph in PA" wrote in message
news

"Steph in PA" wrote in message
news

Old May 23rd 05, 08:23 PM
Steph in PA

"Vasant Nanavati" <vasantn *AT* aol *DOT* com wrote in message
As Andy said:

Format the
result as Number.

Oh duh!! Thanks Vasant, and apologies to Andy!