NevHier

Default Bill Payments

Hi all
I have a list of customer account invoices eg:
£300.76
£125.87
£34.26.
£56.77
£21.67
£159.76
Then a customer makes a lump sum payment of but no information of which
acctual bills they are paying.
Is there a way of calculating every different computation of invoice amount
to try to match them to the ammount paid.
I hope this explains what I want to do obviously the list I have is a huge
amount longer than the on above.
Thanks

PC

Yes there is a way to find a solution, which is not necessarily the only
solution, using solver.

Assuming your payments are in A1:A6 and that B1:B6 are blank and that you
have the formula =SUMPRODUCT((A1:A6)*(B1:B6)) in cell A7 then

Tools/Solver

Set target cell: A7
Equal to value of: "the payment"
By changing cells: B1:B6