Sheila

Default Entering from List box

I have a range of data that I wish to use a list box so that the data
of choice is entered into the cell I am clicked into. IE, if i am in
cell B2 and I select from the list box "Product 2), I wish that data
(Product 2) to be entered into B2. How can I do that?

TIA

Sheila
Sheila

Sorry, make that a combo box, not a list box.

Sheila

On Sat, 21 May 2005 12:03:40 +1200, Sheila
(remove underscores) wrote:

I have a range of data that I wish to use a list box so that the data
of choice is entered into the cell I am clicked into. IE, if i am in
cell B2 and I select from the list box "Product 2), I wish that data
(Product 2) to be entered into B2. How can I do that?

TIA

Sheila

Mangesh

You could have the code in the onchange event for the combo-box

Private Sub ComboBox1_Change()
ActiveCell.Value = ComboBox1.Value
End Sub

I assume that you first select a cell where you want the value of the
combobox to go. If not (i.e. you want it to go to a particular cell), then
you could change the line to:
Range("B2") = ComboBox1.Value

Mangesh

(remove underscores) wrote:

I have a range of data that I wish to use a list box so that the data
of choice is entered into the cell I am clicked into. IE, if i am in
cell B2 and I select from the list box "Product 2), I wish that data
(Product 2) to be entered into B2. How can I do that?

TIA

Sheila

Mangesh

I assume you are using a combobox for the purpose. Select the combo-box
(design mode is ON). Double click to view the VB editor where you could
enter the code for the combobox

Mangesh

ups.com...

(remove underscores) wrote:

I have a range of data that I wish to use a list box so that the

data
of choice is entered into the cell I am clicked into. IE, if i am

in
cell B2 and I select from the list box "Product 2), I wish that

data
(Product 2) to be entered into B2. How can I do that?

TIA

Sheila

Sheila

Thanks, thats what I thought it was. Works great, thanks very much.

Sheila

Mangesh

Hi Sheila,

Thanks for the feedback.