-   -   Parent child relation between two rows in an excel sheet (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/270786-parent-child-relation-between-two-rows-excel-sheet.html)

Roshan Kumar

Parent child relation between two rows in an excel sheet

Hi,

I want to know if there is any way in which we can determine the parent/child relation (i.e. one row is dependent on another row) using .NET.

My requirement is that when I have this kind of relation I should allow the deletion of parent row.

Please let me know if anyone has any idea about this.

Thanks.

isabelle

Parent child relation between two rows in an excel sheet

there isn't no parent/child relation, but you can use "offset" to determine the line before or thereafter

Sub test()
With ActiveCell
MsgBox .Row
MsgBox .Offset(-1, 0).Row
MsgBox .Offset(1, 0).Row
End With

isabelle

isabelle

Parent child relation between two rows in an excel sheet

or maybe that you mean "merger range"
if A1:A3 are a merger range
SecondRow = Range("A1").Item(2).Row
the SecondRow's return value will be 2