Junior Member

Send a message via MSN to MrMeth
Default Adding Text if Value of Cell = 0

Hi Everyone,

I have a quote sheet at work that is truly the bane of my existence.

In C11 to C18 I have Quantities
In D11 to D18 I have Prices
In G11 to G18 I have Totals
So what I have done is C11*D11= Total.

The issue that I have is that if any cells from C11 to C18 are 0 then I want the Sum total (Cell G21) =G11:G18 to show "Add Value".

The problem is two fold =IF(C11=0,"Add Value") works fine for one line item but lets argue that C11 = 0 and C12 = 1. How do I then get my Total in G21 to disregard C11 and continue the calculation from G12:G18 to get a total?

I hope anyone can help I need this done urgently and my boss is getting very uptight about it.

Thanks
Steve
Senior Member

Location: Belo Horizonte, Brazil
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMeth View Post
Hi Everyone,

I have a quote sheet at work that is truly the bane of my existence.

In C11 to C18 I have Quantities
In D11 to D18 I have Prices
In G11 to G18 I have Totals
So what I have done is C11*D11= Total.

The issue that I have is that if any cells from C11 to C18 are 0 then I want the Sum total (Cell G21) =G11:G18 to show "Add Value".

The problem is two fold =IF(C11=0,"Add Value") works fine for one line item but lets argue that C11 = 0 and C12 = 1. How do I then get my Total in G21 to disregard C11 and continue the calculation from G12:G18 to get a total?

I hope anyone can help I need this done urgently and my boss is getting very uptight about it.

Thanks
Steve

Dear Steve, Good Morning.

Sorry, but your explanation is so confused.

First:
"...If any cells from C11 to C18 are 0 then I want the Sum total (Cell G21) =G11:G18 to show "Add Value"..."
Then, you´ll want the text "Add Value" at G21 instead of the result of a formula =SUM(G11:G18)
Is it correct? Did I understand well?

Second:
"...The problem is two fold =IF(C11=0,"Add Value") works fine for one line item but lets argue that C11 = 0 and C12 = 1. How do I then get my Total in G21 to disregard C11 and continue the calculation from G12:G18 to get a total?..."
HERE is the main confusion.
You only can put in a cell or a result of a formula or a text.
Is totally possible to sum C11:C18 disregarding the cells that have zero(0). No problems.

BUT, to have the text "Add Value" at G21, because C11=0, AND the sum C12:C18 at G21 AT THE SAME TIME, it´s IMPOSSIBLE.

I believe that I didn´t understand your real necessity.

Please, save your worksheet at a free site, www.4shared.com, and put the link here.

I can and I want to help you.
__________________
I hope it can help you.

Best regards,
Marcilio Lobão
---------------------------
Belo Horizonte, Brazil
Senior Member

Location: Belo Horizonte, Brazil
Thumbs up

Dear Steve, Good Afternoon.

While I am waiting for your answer, I developed a model to you as a suggestion.

Here is the link: http://www.4shared.com/document/4jX6...r_SUM_MrM.html

Take a look at it and tell me if it worked for you.
I hope it can help you.

Best regards,
Marcilio Lobão
Belo Horizonte, Brazil