Bruise

Default Changing cell formatting with IF function

I am trying to set up a code to change the cell color and font color depending on the entry in a particular cell.

Example:

If C2 is "John", then D2, E2, F2, G2 cell colors change to red with white, bold lettering.

If C2 is anything but "John", the D2, E2, F2, G2 cell colors stay normal, as does the font.

Can anyone help me with this?

PC

Look at Conditional Formatting

Select the cells in columns D,E,F & G and then

Format/Conditional Format

Select Formula Is and use

=$C2="John"

HTH

PC

"Bruise" wrote in message ...
I am trying to set up a code to change the cell color and font color depending on the entry in a particular cell.

Example:

If C2 is "John", then D2, E2, F2, G2 cell colors change to red with white, bold lettering.

If C2 is anything but "John", the D2, E2, F2, G2 cell colors stay normal, as does the font.

Can anyone help me with this?

Jason Morin

1. Select D2:G2.
2. Go to Format Conditional Formatting
3. Select "Formula Is".
4. Insert:
=$C$2="John"
5. Press the Format radio button and format as desired.

HTH
Jason
Atlanta, GA

"Bruise" wrote:

I am trying to set up a code to change the cell color and font color depending on the entry in a particular cell.

Example:

If C2 is "John", then D2, E2, F2, G2 cell colors change to red with white, bold lettering.

If C2 is anything but "John", the D2, E2, F2, G2 cell colors stay normal, as does the font.

Can anyone help me with this?

Bruise

Wow! You guys are quick!

Thanks for the help. It's truly appreciated.

Bruise

FOLLOWUP...

With Conditional Formatting, will I use the format/formula mentioned above
if someone does a copy/paste? Can I somehow LOCK conditional formatting to
avoid this problem?

Thanks, in advance, for your help.

Bruise

Thank you for the help on setting this up. My only question now is this: How can I set this Conditional Formatting up for several rows without having to do it individually for each row? I tried selecting them all, but it reverts to the absolute formula and reflects entries in that cell only.

Help!!