Dolores

Default How can I search for more than one text character in a cell?

I have a column with different names in one row. And one cell where it could
be that one of the names of the column can be shown. My goal is to find a way
how to search for this one word in the cell...
I've tried... but I got an error and I don't know which one!

e.g.:

MATCH(TRUE,ISNUMBER(SEARCH("*"&J5&"*","*"&Specs!$S 2:$S14&"*")),0))

I really do appreciate any help and thank in advance!

Peo Sjoblom

=MATCH(TRUE,ISNUMBER(SEARCH(J58,Specs!$S2:$S14)),0 )

array entered with ctrl + shift & enter

however you can use countif

=COUNTIF(Specs!$S2:$S14,"**&J58&"*")0

regards,