RoseR

Default round up a percentage formular

Hello

I have managed to put a formular in that lets me add a percentage on cost to
an amount and still come out in price rather than a percentage, that is all
good but please can you help me by telling me now how i can make that price
round up so it is 5.14 rather than 5.1436

Many Thanx
--
Rose
Duke Carey

Do you want rounding?

=ROUND(5.1436,2)

If 5.1436 really should be transformed into 5.15, use:

=CEILING(5.1436,.01)

"RoseR" wrote:

Hello

I have managed to put a formular in that lets me add a percentage on cost to
an amount and still come out in price rather than a percentage, that is all
good but please can you help me by telling me now how i can make that price
round up so it is 5.14 rather than 5.1436

Many Thanx
--
Rose

Bob Phillips

Copy it into an adjacent cell, like

=CEILING(A1,.01)

and copy down all rows.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"RoseR" wrote:

Hello

I have managed to put a formular in that lets me add a percentage on

cost to
an amount and still come out in price rather than a percentage, that

is all
good but please can you help me by telling me now how i can make that

price
round up so it is 5.14 rather than 5.1436

Many Thanx
--
Rose

Duke Carey

modify the cell that has your original formula in it - the one in which you
add a % to cost to come up with a price, then copy it to all the other cells
with the same formula

=CELING(your formula, .01)

The easiest way to modify the existing formula is to select the cell and
press the F2 key. This puts you in edit mode at the end of the formula.
Type in the new characters for the end of the formula - ,.01) - then
cursor left and insert these characters between the equals sign and the start
of your current formula - CEILING( - then press Enter