Junior Member

Default Excel 2003: Transpose (flip, swap, rotate) rows and cells.

I'm a new member and a beginner/intermediate user of Excel 2003. I tried to post this yesterday but I don't think it went through. If so, please forgive the duplicate post. (However, I added more information about the steps I've tried.)

I'm trying to transpose rows and columns. (Or swap or flip or rotate - I've seen all three words used for this function.) I've read several sites and followed the instructions but it isn't working.

I have this format: Columns A B C Rows 1 2 3
I need this format: Columns 1 2 3 Rows A B C

I need rows A-Z columns 1-31.

I don't have any data in the worksheet yet. I'm trying to set it up before entering the data.

Here's the steps I took:

Select A1-Z31 and copy it.
Move cursor outside the selected area.
Select A1