Junior Member

Default Creating a total percentage from coloured cells

Hello,

Im using a spreadsheet to list the tasks im working on for a project.
In column A i have the task description and in column B i have the completion status: Number 1 turns the cell green for completed, Number 2 turns the cell orange for in progress, and Number 3 turns the cell red for not started.
I have a set of 63 tasks at the moment however more maybe added.

I want to show the total percentage of each phase: e.g.
Completed 50% in cell D1
In progress: 25% in cell D2
Not started: 25% in cell D3

Could this be calculated by the number of 1's, 2's and 3's? Or maybe even calculated by colour cell?

Thanks,

Rich
Junior Member

I have the spread sheet containing columns budget, expense, variance and %
Variance in cols A, B, C and D. Col D contains formulas of the form =C10/A10.
One way is Format Cells Number Custom. I think this will help you.