Penfold

Default formulas

I need to create a formula that says if the value is a minus or 0 show 0.00
if there is a positive value show the value.

Hi
You can do that with formatting or you could use something like:
=IF(yourformula<0,0,yourformula)

--
Andy.

"Penfold" wrote in message
I need to create a formula that says if the value is a minus or 0 show 0.00
if there is a positive value show the value.

DonCam65

Suggest that it would be better to consider (to cover result = 0)
=if(resultofyour formula0,resultofyourformula,0)
and before copying format to 2 decimal places.

If it was my spreadsheet consider using conditional format so that
If value < 0 then fontcolour = white
If value = 0 then fontvolour = white

This means that only results with positive values have any figures showing
--
Don C

"Penfold" wrote in message
I need to create a formula that says if the value is a minus or 0 show 0.00
if there is a positive value show the value.

Duke Carey

And, just to toss in one more way:

=MAX(0,your formula)

"Penfold" wrote:

I need to create a formula that says if the value is a minus or 0 show 0.00
if there is a positive value show the value.

bj

one question is whether just the display needs to be 0.00 or does a cell
referencing the cell need to read 0.00 or the actual value?
Formating the cell does not change the value other cells would read as this
cells value.
the If or max equaitions would be a real zero value

"Penfold" wrote:

I need to create a formula that says if the value is a minus or 0 show 0.00
if there is a positive value show the value.

redinBR

With A1 representing the cell location, the formula is =IF(A10,A1,0)