Junior Member

Default Insert Cell Data Into String

I am trying to insert data from cells into a new cell. I am working on a contacts list, and I want the email address to display like this:
[RFAX:NAME@/FN=FAXNUMBER] WITH 'NAME' BEING EXTRACTED FROM CELL B2 AND 'FAXNUMBER' BEING EXTRACTED FROM CELL AA2.
CAN ANYBODY HELP?
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheller2346 View Post
I am trying to insert data from cells into a new cell. I am working on a contacts list, and I want the email address to display like this:
[RFAX:NAME@/FN=FAXNUMBER] WITH 'NAME' BEING EXTRACTED FROM CELL B2 AND 'FAXNUMBER' BEING EXTRACTED FROM CELL AA2.
CAN ANYBODY HELP?
Are you wanting to move all or part of the cell from B2 and AA2.
To put it another way, does B2 contain only the name or is there other info with it? Does cell AA2 contain only the fax number or is there other info with it?
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeFautT View Post
Are you wanting to move all or part of the cell from B2 and AA2.
To put it another way, does B2 contain only the name or is there other info with it? Does cell AA2 contain only the fax number or is there other info with it?
If B2 and AA2 contain only the info you want to combine, use the following.

=concatenate(B2,"@",AA2)

This will combine B2 with AA2 and place the @ symbol between them with no spaces.

Hope this helps.

TD