FTP

Default Adding percentages in a column and automatic formating of contents

I have a column of percentages that need to be added. At the bottom of the
column I am showing the total which may be between 1 to 1000%. Is it
possible to have a formula so I can color code cells adding up to a certain
value to be a different color.

The idea is to show the cells that add up to 100% (when added from top to
bottom) in a different color.
--
ftp

FTP

I have looked at conditional formatting and it may have what I need but am
unable to figure it out. My goal is to have all the cells adding up to 100%
formatted differently and any additional cells over 100% in the same column
to keep the original formatting. I am only wanting to show one total which
will be the overall for the column and listed at the bottom.

"FTP" wrote in message
I have a column of percentages that need to be added. At the bottom of the
column I am showing the total which may be between 1 to 1000%. Is it
possible to have a formula so I can color code cells adding up to a
certain
value to be a different color.

The idea is to show the cells that add up to 100% (when added from top to
bottom) in a different color.
--
ftp

Duke Carey

If your %s start in cell A2 and go downward from there--

1) highlight the entire range and make sure A2 is the active cell
2) FormatConditional Formatting
3) Formula is
4) =sum(A$2:a2)<=1
5) click on Format button