Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How does a function provide a blank cell as a result

Within an IF function, I would like to have the cell left blank given a
certain logical result. The purpose is to have a result, that does not show
up as a zero in a chart.
Using "" in the function will make the chart function perceive the value of
the cell as a zero instead of a completely blank cell (i.e. as after having
hit Delete, while being in the cell).
How is that done???
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Rene

Use NA() for your false result rather than ""
=IF(A10,25,NA())

--
Regards
Roger Govier

Rene B. wrote:
Within an IF function, I would like to have the cell left blank given a
certain logical result. The purpose is to have a result, that does not show
up as a zero in a chart.
Using "" in the function will make the chart function perceive the value of
the cell as a zero instead of a completely blank cell (i.e. as after having
hit Delete, while being in the cell).
How is that done???
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

As the =SERIES() won't read N/A error the chart won't produce results
for them...